The 2008 Willis E. Lamb Award for Laser Science and Quantum Optics
Awarded January 9, 2008, at the
38th Winter Colloquium on the
Physics of Quantum Electronics.
- Gershon Kurizki, The Weizmann Institute (bio)
- For his contributions to the theory of short-time quantum
decay and decoherence and their dynamical control.
- Mark Raizen, The University of Texas at Austin (bio)
- For his experimental observation of dynamical localization,
non-exponential decay and Zeno and Anti-Zeno effects.
- Wolfgang Schleich, Universität Ulm (bio)
- For his work on interference in phase space, quantum state
engineering and dynamical localization.
Return to Lamb Award Main Page